Business Support Assistant – G5
|Post Title: Business Support AssistantLocation: Maroua||Duration: 12 monthsContract type: Fixed - Term|
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Field Office in Maroua, the incumbent is generally responsible for the day to day Finance, Administration and Human Resource functions of the office as described below:
- Monitor and record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditure costs are charged and payments to external suppliers, cash grants and other supplier invoices are processed in a timely manner.
- Monitor the sub-impress bank and petty cash accounts regularly, to ensure that adequate funds are available and appropriately disbursed.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables and observe appropriate procurement procedures, to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner and in conformance with WFP finance rules and regulations.
Guide and supervise the Administrative Assistant in the execution of the following task;
- Manage and maintain records and databases, to ensure information is organized and readily available for staff.
- Collate information for inclusion in reports, documents and correspondence, to support the effective work of other staff.
- Process and manage routine administrative tasks in various functional areas,
- Ensure the effective and timely management of material and administrative resources (Assets, vehicles, fuel)
- Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring and recording of fixed assets, spend on fuel and spare parts for vehicles and generators, to ensure that the databases are accurately updated.
- Human Resources
In collaboration with the HR Unit at the Country Office,
- Provide assistance on general HR queries and follow up actions, to ensure consistent and high-quality HR services are delivered to clients.
- Support HR staff in the country office on administrative actions including preparation of basic reports, to facilitate efficient HR service
- Any other duties requested by the supervisor
- Education: GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat.
A Bachelor’s degree in general administration, secretariat duties, office management, communication, Law, Tourism, Marketing, finance and accounting will be an asset.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in general administration, secretariat duties, office management, communication, Law, Tourism, Marketing, finance and accounting.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of specialized common business practices and methods, gained through relevant technical training and experience.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with a range of individuals in order to provide a high quality support service.
- Ability to carry out basic data analysis and independently rectify problems requiring attention.
- Ability to monitor and record financial transactions.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Fluency in French and good working knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of Fulfulde est required
(Female Candidates are encouraged to apply)
Apply online at the Website : https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000168410P&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH