Programme Associate (M&E) - G6
|Post Title: Programme Associate (M&E)Location: Maroua Field Office||Duration: 12 monthsContract Type: Fixed-Term|
Under the overall guidance of the Programme Policy Officer, Maroua Field Office, the incumbent will perform the following tasks:
- Assist in updating the monthly monitoring plan and recommendation matrix for the Field Office in collaboration with Programme Unit staff.
- Develop and propose log frames for each CSP activity during project design stage in collaboration with Program Unit staff
- Provide technical and administrative support to the Program Team ensuring optimum utilization of all resources and achievement of M&E objectives;
- Provide guidance and participate in the preparation of training modules in M&E and periodic training of WFP Field Monitors, Cooperating Partners' staff and field surveyors of third party consultancy firms.
- Liaise with CO Monitoring Team for updates on guidelines for M&E including the sampling designs adopted for the M&E studies/surveys, as suited to local context;
- Follow up on monitoring and review findings to ensure corrective actions are taken as required;
- Ensure that all the M&E tool kits are revised and updated as required for effective use by Program staff
- Ensure links with the Beneficiary Feedback mechanism put in place.
- Develop and disseminate information products reflecting monitoring findings.
- Assist in coordinating data collection, data validation and data analysis processes for the Area Office
- Ensure that the Country Office Monitoring Database systems are functional and effectively utilized and all required enhancements are undertaken promptly;
- Ensure monthly data reconciliation in the WFP data management system (COMET)
- Ensure regular data collection by Field Monitors using mobile data collections tools and exercise oversight of the third-party data collection process.
- Responsible for preparing Field Office periodic reports (monthly M&E, Activity reports and Beneficiary complaint mechanism reports) in coordination with Program Unit staff
- Liaise closely with the CO VAM and M&E Team on methodological and data interpretation issues as required to ensure professional concurrence
- Play an active role in the preparation of the Annual Performance Plan (APP) for the Area Office and its review by the Program Policy Officer.
- Undertake regular periodic field visits to ensure that M&E guidelines are being implemented and provide any required on-site technical support;
- Undertake regular visits at distribution sites to check food availability in relation to the number of beneficiaries, rations, commodities and quantities distributed
- Education: GCE Advanced Level or Baccalauréat.
A Bachelor’s degree in International Development, Project Management, Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences with major in research methods (qualitative and quantitative), will be an asset.
- Over 3 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in public sector management, development projects, emergency assistance, and/or operational aspects of national, bilateral or multilateral food assistance including practical experience in the design and implementation of a comprehensive monitoring systems. Experience in planning and conducting assessments in a humanitarian setting is desirable.
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- In-depth knowledge of results-based management principles and practices;
- In-depth knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methods, metrics, statistical applications and reporting systems;
- In-depth knowledge of programme design, implementation and operational challenges in food assistance;
- Practical knowledge on how monitoring data is collected, compiled, analysed and presented for management decisions, programme adjustment and donor reporting;
- Strong statistical analysis (both qualitative and quantitative) skills to assess food and nutrition security;
- Gather and use information available from assessment, analysis and consultations to make informed programme intervention choices;
- Ability to work with relevant technology and procedures (e.g.: web-based databases and other statistical applications) to collect, organize, share and use information.
- Fluency in either English or French and a good working knowledge of the other.
(Female Candidates are encouraged to apply)
Apply online at the Website : https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000168410P&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH