Jobs Opportunities : Head of Programme, Cameroon Professionnelsil y a 4 semaines - Offres Emploi - Yaoundé - 24 vues
Head of Programme, Cameroon
Head of Programme, Cameroon - Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Cameroon is looking for a Head of Programme!
NRC started operations in Cameroon in April 2017 to respond to the humanitarian crisis that affects this country and has continued to expand into the worst affected and hard to reach areas . He therefore runs operations in the Extreme North and more recently in the south and North West regions of Cameroon implementing Education, Food Security, WASH, Shelter and ICLA. The Country Office has been expanding steadily the past one year and the team currently consists of around 80 national staff members.
The purpose of the Head of Programme position is to develop and ensure implementation of holistic high-quality programmes.
The Head of Programme reports to the Country Director.
• Line management for Core Competence Specialists
• Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
• Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Provide programme input to Country Strategy and Plan of Action
• Development of Core Competency strategies
• Development of holistic and needs based programmes
• Identify funding opportunities, develop funding strategies and forecasts
• Grants management, BPO allocations and reporting to donors, including compliance with donor standards
• Quality control, M&E and organizational learning
• Capacity building of all technical staff
• Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Core competency expertise
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
• Fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Valid driver’s license
• Knowledge of the context in central Africa (Cameroon is an advantage)
• Fluency in French, both written and verbal
• Professional fluency in English, both written and verbal
• Experience in programme strategy development
• Experience in Project Cycle Management
• Experience in grants management
• Experience in M&E management
• Experience in capacity building of staff and partners
• Demonstrated knowledge of protection mainstreaming and Accountability to Affected Populations
• Demonstrated experience in representation and advocacy
• Strategic thinking
• Initiating action and change
• Handling insecure environments
Beginning: January 2019
Duration of the contract: 18 months
Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
Duty station: Yaounde with 40% travels
Approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.