Programme Policy Officer - NOB
|Post Title: Programme Policy OfficerLocation: Bertoua||Duration: 12 monthsContract Type: Fixed-Term|
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Field Office - Bertoua, and within the overall supervision of the Head of Program, the Program Policy Officer in Bertoua will coordinate the planning and management of field operations in the East region and ensure the effective and efficient delivery of food assistance programmes and use of allocated resources. Within delegated authority, in collaboration with the other WFP units and WFP Country Office, national and international NGOs, Government counterparts, and other key stakeholders, the incumbent will support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WFP Food Security and Nutrition programme activities in the field office.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme and the overall supervision of the Deputy Country Director, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Coordinate the implementation of WFP’s food security response in the East region ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes and country office strategies and plans.
- Support the implementation of the Country Strategic Plan in the East region through solid and effective partnership.
- Plan and manage WFP program operations across the Bertoua and Garoua-Boulai antennas to ensure effective and efficient delivery of food assistance including using cash (CBT) as well as the resilience component of the program (Food for Assets)
- Ensure that daily operational issues are timely resolved to prevent losses or delays.
- Review and give technical feedback on food security assessment, vulnerability targeting and monitoring plans and ensure that programmes are relevant, well-targeted and providing appropriate response to the food and nutrition security of the beneficiaries in the East region.
- Coordinate the implementation of the field office monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure WFP’s effectiveness of all food assistance interventions (e.g. beneficiary needs and status, food security status, programme modalities, implementation challenges, etc.).
- Conduct timely monitoring and evaluation of activities and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s program activities and performance with regular and timely submission for Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity building support to WFP Cooperating Partners to ensure compliance with the WFP’s policies, criteria, guidelines and procedures.
- Conduct timely data collection and analysis of results and prepare accurate and comprehensive reports on WFP’s operations and performance with regular and timely submission for Country Office review to inform efficient operational planning and decisions.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts and external partners to strengthen the quality of food security and nutrition results monitoring and build credible evidence of trends towards the achievement of SDG2.
- Actively seek and identify opportunities for the integration of joint programming design and implementation among the relevant actors involved in the humanitarian response (Government, UN agencies, NGO, communities).
- Seek partnerships with the sister UN agencies, national and international NGOs, donors, and relevant stakeholders; draft and manage Field Level Agreement and Memorandums of Understanding, as appropriate.
- Advanced university degree (Master II or DESS/DEA) in Agriculture, Economics, Rural Development, and Food security, Project Management, Nutrition, Agriculture, Economics, Development Economics and International Development or First University Degree with 7 years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- At least Five years of professional experience in food security and nutrition programmes management, monitoring & evaluation, program analysis and monitoring, or Programme Coordination in a humanitarian/ development context with UN Agencies, NGO, government or private sector.
- Experience managing staff and improving performance.
- The incumbent will have direct knowledge and experience of refugee emergency operations including programming and management aspects, working, and coordinating complex projects with different entities and government authorities.
Fluency (level C) in both English and French language
Critical success Factors
Ability to travel frequently and to work in difficult environments.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage programmes, leadership and teamwork abilities, good analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills
- Ability to engage effectively with a wide range of actors including those in the international humanitarian community and governments;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team, and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds;
- Good understanding of the theory and application of food security and safety net programmes
- Good computer knowledge and skills;
- Proactive attitude towards partnership;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and simultaneously manage multiple tasks in an autonomous manner;
- Ability to handle any other additional tasks as requested by his supervisor.
- Ability to develop and implement appropriate internal control tools to address fraud and abuse.
(Female Candidates are encouraged to apply)
Apply online at the Website : https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?company=C0000168410P&career_ns=job_listing_summary&navBarLevel=JOB_SEARCH